Why Marriages Fail?
The Keep-Quiet-and-Do-It-Alone Myth is the myth I decided to write about. I didn't know that it would hit me hard when it related so much to not only my marriage but my culture. I have to say that I was highly uneducated the the realm of marriage, and sex education, and how a relationship is supposed to function through hardship and triumph. I thought I was prepared when in reality it was harder than planned. I didn't think Consumer Marriage was real, I was mesmerized by what I may have witnessed and what potentially could have happened. I knew that it was another trap set by Satan to challenge our lives.
"Marriage brings greater possibilities for happiness than does any other human relationship."
This talk by Elder Russell M. Nelson called "Nurturing Marriage" helped me to understand where I could improve myself within my role.
1. Doctrinal Foundation - "Marriage was intended by the Lord to endure beyond physical death. His plan offers eternal perpetuation of the family in the kingdom of God. His plan provides temples and opportunities to officiate therein for the living and the dead."
2. Strengthening Marriage - Appreciate, Communicate and To Contemplate - President Harold B. Lee said “that the most important of the Lord’s work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes.”

Comments
Post a Comment