Boundaries & Management
In Chapter 4, we learned about taking time for your marriage. I can remember a time when I felt most insecure and it included being a wife of an oilfield employee where time was sacrificed because my husband was away for weeks at a time. It was interesting to know that human nature tests the way we feel about our loved ones and the need for constant companionship. I know that I feel a certain for my husband and most of the time I have to be in fight mode. I have to fight off both sides of our families and their constant requests as well as fight for the survival of my marriage. "the most common one is that the woman is the pursuer for more time together and the man the distancer." This excerpt is true, I felt like I was the only one making the effort. It wasn't until after we found intimacy with one another that we realized how important our relationship was to us. After ten-plus years we found ourselves in smoothing our arguments and making time for one another. This included taking a flight to be with my husband and setting aside all else. I was tested during my studies to let go of my pursuit of education so I could get my marriage back in line and I am proud that I didn't listen to Satan trying to take me down a longer path. It also continues in the chapter about competition, where everything is fighting for your time, your assets, etc. and sometimes it can take a toll on your relationship. My marriage is placed on a pedestal to keep it away from harm's way, and outside influences that tend to tear you down instead of lift you up. Marriage takes time and experience to bring a couple to one accord. I hope that I can continue in a positive direction.

Comments
Post a Comment