Reflection Journal
I am grateful to be a student. This week is number two and we’ve been able to ponder - marriage myths, and a discussion topic on what is the key for successful marriage. Last week we are able to read about what we need in a marriage and write about the origin of the family. I found it enlightening to think about what we know versus the experiences we have faced. Every one in our class comes from different perspectives. There is a few who are single and a few that are married in different parts of their lives. I fall into the category of past the ten year mark but almost to twenty years. I think that it takes two individuals who are willing to compromise, forgive and be patient.
In the readings we read about chapters 1-2. We learned about the myths that are out there. I found it interesting that there is a perspective to what we think and know about marriage. The good and bad and the stupid. I say this because attitudes and maturity play hand in hand with what is important for marriage. I have seen in my life time that attitudes change as well as one’s own maturity. I can say that I was completely immature when I married. I thought I knew what was important and placed my marriage at a certain level. I placed it high and out of reach not knowing that I would be knocked off my backside and humbled in so many ways. I can figuratively say that we started out as stones and as time polished our exterior edges. We come to be polished like a shiny diamond. Such as a stone is hard, rough and disfigured. A gem or diamond is clear, softened and shines like a star in the sky. Marriage is the similar in that we weather the storms that life hands us. Our Heavenly Father has a plan for us and we are able to see the blessings that come from its rewards.
Comments
Post a Comment