What is Anger? How do we deal with it?
Anger plays a huge role in how a relationship elevates or declines. I know all too well how anger limits what we do and how we react. In this class, I am able to understand how to act when it comes to emotion and how to move forward in my interactions and feelings about it. “Cease your anger, and sullenness of temper. … Do not get so angry that you cannot pray. …” This week we learned about how to deal with Anger and a new technique called The Speaker Listener technique. The quote I shared is for me to reflect upon the purpose of anger and how it can assist me in my marriage as well as the relationships I hold. "A cunning part of his strategy is to dissociate anger from agency, making us believe that we are victims of an emotion that we cannot control." Satan is working to break down the family one at a time and he finds ways of dividing it within a marriage and egos start to break down unnecessary lines and boundaries. It is important to keep our strengths and strengthen our weaknesses. In the years that I have been married, our anger has improved greatly. "Anger is not a primary feeling, but a secondary emotion. It is bred by fear, frustration, hurt, and unfulfilled expectations." This struck hard for me hard in the chapter reading as anger is an emotion that is secondary. I can see why it comes as second because it is a response, an emotion that has built up to where it has exploded. Another excerpt from chapters 4 and 5, "Negative interpretations are like weeds with really long roots, and you have to get a good hold of the roots and yank away to rid your relationship of such perceptions. You might even have to dig down within yourself a bit (or a lot). Negative interpretations are something you have to confront within yourself. Only you can control how you interpret your partner’s behavior." I can see where this can cause major alterations in one another's relationships. Interpretations and Perceptions are two totally different things.

Comments
Post a Comment